Pastoral Support Lead - April Faith
As a school we have allocated staff available to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. We can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. We are also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and social care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
How to get in touch:
Please call the school office on 01788 565021
Please click here for several links to further support in the Warwickshire area.
Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme
Support is also available from WCC's local welfare scheme.
8 Newbold Road
Warwickshire's Welfare Scheme Details.
If children are registered for Free School Meals parents/carers can apply for assistance to buy food whilst they are not at school. This will be through a £30 voucher per child that they will receive via text/SMS to their mobile and can be exchanged for cash at any Paypoint outlet. We are currently offering six weeks of support as we do not know how long schools will be closed for.
From Monday 23rd March 2020, our Local Welfare Scheme Team will be happy to help and parents/carers can apply using either of these methods:
- calling on 0800 4081448 or 01926 359182. You will be asked for each child's name, date of birth and a valid mobile number
- emailing us at email@example.com. You will need to include each child's name, date of birth and a valid mobile number
Please be patient when calling us as we are anticipating a high volume of enquiries. We can confirm that you can contact us at anytime during the six weeks and you will still be eligible for the full amount.
Government Support for Extremely Vulnerable
Please the following link for information regarding Government support if you have a medical condition which makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19).
You may have received a letter from the NHS telling you that you’re clinically extremely vulnerable, or been contacted by your GP or hospital clinician. If this has not happened, contact your GP or clinician after you register with this service.
It may take time for any support offered through this service to arrive. Wherever possible you should continue to rely on friends, family and wider support to help you meet your needs.
You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else.
NHS Coronavirus Guidance
Rugby Children & Family Centres
|Children and family centre||Address||Opening times||Telephone|
|Boughton Leigh Children and Family Centre||Wetherell Way, Rugby, CV21 1LT||
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
|Long Lawford Children and Family Centre||Holbrook Road, Long Lawford, Rugby, CV23 9AL||
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
|Claremont Children and Family Centre||Claremont Road, Rugby, CV22 7GU||Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm||01788 579488|
Warwickshire Family Information Service
Phone: 01926 742274
FIS provide information, advice and one-to-one support for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25 across Warwickshire on issues including:
- family relationships
- parenting support
- special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- health and well-being
Family support helpline
To speak to a family support worker over the telephone, call 01926 412412, Monday to Friday between 9am - 4pm.
Family support workers are available across Warwickshire to listen, support and offer advice and guidance to families and professionals.